Escalator and moving walkway testing
Tests for safety on every level
As with lifts, the Occupational Safety Regulations (BetrSichV) also stipulates regular testing for escalators and moving walkways. The scope and periods of this periodic testing must be determined by the operator as part of a hazard assessment. DEKRA recommends carrying this out once per year.
Would you like to learn more about Escalator and moving walkway inspection? Our experts will be happy to tell you more.
Safety and services from one source
According to the Occupational Safety Regulation, as well as periodic testing, other assessments and inspections of your system must be carried out by an approved monitoring body or a capable person, for example, before initial commissioning or after technical modifications.
DEKRA services for escalators and moving walkways at a glance
In each phase of the system life cycle, our experts support you with all your requirements thanks to their comprehensive technical expertise, extensive experience, and the latest test processes.
- Risk assessment
- Support with determining the necessary inspection periods
- Inspection before initial commissioning according to BetrSichV
- Testing and schedule management
- Periodic testing according to BetrSichV
- Accident and damage investigation
- Inspections according to DGUV V3
- Determining hazards in advance
- Inspection after modifications or repairs according to BetrSichV
DEKRA – your partner for inspecting escalators and moving walkways
- Our experienced and professional experts are there for you on site nationwide
- The DEKRA range of services offers made-to-measure inspections and services for the entire life cycle of your escalators and moving walkways
- Maximize your advantage with combinable services from one source
- Benefit from the neutrality and quality of DEKRA tests and quality seal